Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Faces, Faces and More Faces

I finally felt creative and energized enough to head back up to the studio. I have a lot to do in the next few months and really have to get myself into the habit of just getting up there. I am still working on quilts with faces. I worked on three older pieces tonight and started one new one. The face quilt is working out ok. I wanted to add all sorts of stuff to the background, but I don't really like the way it takes away from the face. I'm thinking of just quilting this piece with just the brown back ground and then add paint and pencil to the background (just browns, blacks and whites). Opinions?The next piece is the crazy face I painted. I added the newspaper and painted it. I also added some fabric pieces to the hair. Now to add a boarder and quilt it... Maybe add some pencil work in the white dress. So now we are down to the full body x-ray quilt. This one has been in the making for a long time and has stalled out again, and again. I have all the x-rays that I need to finish it up, and plan on printing them out this week and getting the basic body put together. I will then be adding flesh, color and other details. The final piece that is the one that I started tonight. I wanted to try something with a more loose feel, something with different textures. I have started this one with black fabric and have added newsprint and white paint. This piece will require more paint, fabric and not sure what other things I will add to this one. As you can see it will be a part of a face, you can just start to see it on the black. The drawing next to it is what I am working off of. It is a one minute sketch that I did this afternoon. I'm liking it so far.

2 comments:

pcoxdesign said...

These pieces are very powerful!

Carole said...

KaryLee... this is quite AWESOME!!
I love your imagination.