Thursday, March 19, 2009

Progress on the face

I'm still not really liking the two other quilts I started last week, however, the face quilt, I am starting to like. I really was tempted to head for the store and get more fabric, but i stopped my self. I have no budget right now for fabric. So up to the studio I went to find fabric, I am really glad I didn't buy any, I would have tried to match things, to get perfect color gradiants, or certain patterns. And really, It is so much more interesting to rediscover your stash and to see what you can use the fabrics for. The blue shading on the face wasnt my first choice, but after seeing it, it really helps the eyes out. the blue shading will extend up on to the top of her head and there will be more shading on the face as it gets worked out. so stay tuned.

No comments: