Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Still drawing...

I have been trying to draw at least one face each day. I think that I improve just a little bit.. but a set back was last night as I went to my portrait drawing gathering.. It is a bunch of artists that get together each week and draw eachother. Some are wonderful artists, some work in paint, some in charcoal, some in markers, some, like me.. just try hard! I have found that I am not good at drawing real people. When im done.. they sort of look like the person. but they are akward and stiff. I can't seem to get any feeling behind them. I will keep returning and keep on plotting forward.. eventurally I will get there.. but I can't help get a bit frustrated with myself when I see how terrible they are turning out. meanwhile.. I'll keep on making my pen drawings during the day. I attempted to losen it up a bit this week and do some more scribbly ones.. I like the effect. I just wish I could get the same feel out of my portrait class. Well, there is always next week!

1 comment:

Jeanne Marklin said...

Hi Karylee! I really like these scribbly drawings. The one in black makes me wonder what could be pouring into her head - ideas, colors, stories, images, music?