Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to Drawing

As I emerge from my artist block, I have had the opportunity to sit and do some fast sketches. They take from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to complete and are done in pen. I am really enjoying the process of drawing, I feel much more in control then I do when I paint. I have been focusing on faces. I should move on to other parts, but i really enjoy faces. I don't feel like I have complete control over them yet.. so until i do, I will continue working on them. Some of my fast 5 minute face pieces are my favorites. I can usually find a few minutes here and there to scribble down a few lines and I am just so excited that they can come together so quickly. Then there are the times where i can work for 15 minutes or so on one drawing. I am really looking forward to being able to add more expression, detail and views. Right now the full face on is my comfort zone. But I think next week I will try to breakout of it and try some other views. wish me luck!

2 comments:

pcoxdesign said...

I love your face pieces! They are so moody and deep. I am always wondering what is going on in their "minds". Glad to have you back!

Rita in Kansas said...

Your faces are just awesome, good to see you work again