Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still working on the Mary Quilt

Im still plugging along on the Mary quilt. I added alot of beads and things to around the face, i now want to do some crazy quilt like stiching on the background. Meanwhile, I am still going to put it up for the Open Studios.

These beads are just under Mary's dress. I might add more dangling beads to other parts, but not in black, in the pastel colors. Funny thing i noticed today while packing up this quilt and one of my first quilts (i like to bring it when i go places, i thought i would cover my fold up chair with it.) the colors and fabric patterns in my first quilt are almost the same fabrics that are in the Mary quilt. So 20 years later my fabric choices have run full circle. Hopefully my taste in clothing wont go back to the 1980's too!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Your Mary Quilt is so beautiful. I love the creativity in the choices of fabrics, color and the beads that you have added to this point. I also like that Mary's face is "gentle"