Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Last minute work

Well, being the Queen of the last minute, I am working hard to finish up all my pieces for the Open Studios. I have two days right?! plenty of time! I have to set up most of the work today and was feeling very good about it, untill I recieved a message with a list of all the things I should bring. Now I am nervous. I just want to survive the show and maybe get a few good job head nods.
Here is one of the pieces that i will be displaying. I made it a year or so back, but it has never been seen. I have a morbid fasination with cemetaries. Always have.
And for a change of pace, here is Rainbow Swamp. Another older piece, but never shown. I did have to rebind this piece, i had tried something new with a binding years ago and it has always looked terrible. i finally got around to fixing it.
This is the Wood Witch. You might remember the face from a few posts back. This is where she ended up. She is not as washed out in person. I actually added alot more paint and darkened her up from the last time she was shown on this blog.
This is a little piece I made for my husband's birthday. I features a stone he cut for me in the uppper left hand corner. The right side of the quilt is a close up look at the stone. Well, that is it for now, I have alote of packing to do and have to get to the site tonight to set up. Ill post photos of the set up when i get it together.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your quilts are beautiful, good luck at the opening!

Virginia Greaves said...

I love cemeteries too. They have some of the best statuary to be found in America. And I've always loved the Gothic style. Your piece is beautiful. I am also very fond of your Mary quilt. Let us know when it's done.