Monday, August 11, 2008

Short Attention Span Quilting

Welcome to short attention span quilting. I can't seem to finish a quilt, but boy can i start them. I was up in the studio last night and as much as i tried to stay focused on finishing the quilts from the previous post, i found myself starting three new ones. This first one is ok, I started to quilt it and relized i put way to much stitching in the face, She took on an older appearance then what i wanted. I will continue with this one and i really would like to add hands and leaves to this one. I also need a bit more defination in the face.
This little FATC, just went out to a swap this week. The theme was Enchanted. This little piece is machine felted with a hand painted face. I really like this little one.
More painted faces. Do you see a theme for this week. My paints are getting quite the work out. This little wood fairy will be surrounded by leaves also. I also see some large brances going thru the quilt. I want to work on the eyes a bit more, maybe use my pencils for a little detail. Im really a terrible painter who has no control of a paint brush, so detail work is really difficult for me.
Finally the last piece i started last night is this little housewife. I need to add some color to her lips and highlights to her eyes. I see a basket of clothing and some dresses hung in the background a way to finish this piece up. I also have to add some more fabric to the bottom for her feet. They wern't originally in the plans, but plans change so fast around her some days.

And don't you just love this fabric? So not like me. I have recently found that even though im big on batiks fabrics, that i have begun to love some of the fabrics that started me sewing in the first place. Some of these piece are from the box of fabrics rescued from an old farmhouse. I really didnt think i would be able to use these fabrics, but have found them to be quite interesting to work with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all the faces you make. the little one is really cute. Keep on going, you make beautiful quilts.

Anonymous said...

The house wife needs a small bottle of mom's get through the day pills next to her...lol! To keep a body like that and clean too- it must be her secret!!!