Sunday, August 31, 2008

Painting

Well, I am still painting. But not on quilts. Seems like I had this great idea to touch up the paint on the trim I installed around the windows and to repaint my front door. So off to the paint store to get one gallon of paint. I came home with 4 different colors. FOUR. Why so many you ask? Well while I was there I thought that the base house could use some touch ups. White. Then the door color (Steel blue). Somehow I decided that adding two other accent colors would be nice (light blue and a light yellowy olive). Great. I started the project very energetically but it has become a very large and slow project. Funny, most of my projects start this way and end up more then I can get done. As of right now, the front door has a new coat of paint along with, the back door, the side door, the door to the front porch, the trim on the new windows, the trim on five old windows, the ceiling of the porch, and the little details on the columns on the front porch. I'm NOT DONE. Most of the color is done, but I know have to touch it up with the white. Now mind you, I have painted most of this with a 1.5 inch brush and a little tiny .5 inch brush. At least 2 coats all surfaces. The porch might not be done, but I am!!
Here is the front door, check out the gift card curtains. I plan on adding more of these curtains to other windows.

1 comment:

Lutrah's Ocean Alter said...

I really like you gift card curtians! How are you keeping them together? Were did you get so many?
I just love it.. and the new paint and the table too! Lovely!
Lutra