Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to school, back to work.

It's that time of year, all the kids are heading back to school. I have three heading out. Chris, who is in 5th grade, Josh and Jessica who are both in 2nd grade. I have only one job lined up so far. I have to show up to teach music on Monday. So the rest of the week is mine to do what I have to get done, just as long as those three people don't get in my way. Now I don't mean my little darlings, I'm talking about ME, MYSELF and I. Terrible procrastinating beings that find excuses to do anything but what they are supposed to be doing. I can hear them now.... Clean the house, finish painting the porch, don't you have email to answer, what about going to the market, what's for dinner? I have to tell them to just step back. If i want to get all my quilting done, I have to approach it in more of a business manor. GET IT DONE.

Well, my little housewife can get her work done. I added the laundry basket and hanging dresses. I like it. Its a bit of a departure from my more dark subjects.

This is my Pair of Pears, just another fun piece. Looks like crap on the computer screen, I swear its much nicer in person!

This is a close up of the ribcace for the split personality quilt. There will be alot more stiching. Now i have to get my full body quilt started... I have put this one off for way to long. NO MORE PROCRASTINATING!

1 comment:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Your little Housewife and Pair of Pears ... ADORABLE! And I grok your use of a blog post to FORCE yourself to quit procrastinating, LOL!