Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finally back in the Studio

After stalling and triing to get that creative spark back, i finally got back in the studio. Well not really in the studio, it's still too cold up in the attic to work, so I have taken over the kitchen, living room and library. I'm sure my family will be glad when it warms up and I head back upstairs. I finished up a UFO that had been kicking around. I made it nearly 10 years ago and it is very traditional. It was a gift for my mother-in-law and when she passed away, it came back to me. I didnt quilt anything back then, just tied it. so i untied it and finally quilted it. It is a bit wonky, but at least it is done. So now ive started 3 new quilts.

The first is another in the skull/x-ray series and I am not sure where it is going yet.

The second is another x-ray series, these are brain scans of a friend of mine. It needs more.
The thirds is from my religious series and is very unfinished. the background will be a varity of fabrics done like stained glass. not sure where it will go after that. Yes, i have a small spark of an idea, and it has to develop as i go. I dont make patterns, i dont stick to ones if by chance i did. I work very spontanious, which is why when the creative ideas are not flowing, iI come to a dead stop. Ill post the continuous progress on these. I have two models coming over this weekend for a photo shoot (ok not models, kids from the neighborhood). Model sounds so much more impressive. So i will then start my full body quilt. More and more ideas coming on fast. hopefully i can get them out before i start to crash again. Nothing is better then a little manic energy before the depressing crash!

No comments: